Visa Account Updater
New Card? No Problem.
Enjoy automatic updates of payment information when you get a new or reissued card.
The Visa® Account Updater will provide you with a seamless transition when your Visa® debit card expires or is replaced. This service will automatically update the card number and/or expiration date on file if you have recurring payments set up using your Visa® debit card, any of your merchants that participate in this program will automatically receive your updated debit card information.
No more hassle when the following events occur:
- Visa® debit card is reissued due to normal expiration
- Visa® debit card is lost or stolen
- Visa® debit card is compromised
As a cardholder, you can experience:
- An all-in-one account update process
- No unnecessary communication for changes with your card
- Less chance of authorization declines
- Uninterrupted service from merchants who are participating
And when your card expires or is re-issued, you won't have to update your payment information with participating merchants.
- Skip the time and hassle of re-entering or resubmitting your payment info
- Avoid declined payments and service interruptions
- Count on us to keep your card information secure
As of October 1, 2017, all Visa® debit cards will be automatically enrolled in Visa® Account Updater. It's automatic – there's nothing you need to do to initiate this service. However, it is important to know that participation in VAU does not relieve you of the obligation to ensure that merchants have your correct debit card information on file. Additionally, neither Visa® nor NorthStar Credit Union can guarantee that updates will be communicated to merchants prior to the next billing date.
If you wish to opt-out of Visa® Account Updater, please complete the form and allow at least 3 business days for your request to be updated: