Holiday Skip-A-Pay Program
Skip your December '20 or January '21 loan payment! Our Holiday Skip-A-Pay Program allows you to defer your loan payment to help ease the money crunch during the holiday season.
To enroll, log into It's Me 247 online banking today!
If you have a loan that may be eligible for Skip-a-Pay, you will see a green circle
icon next to your loan payment. Click on the icon and simply follow the screen prompts.
- Prior month's payment must be posted. (i.e. The online banking system will not permit you to enroll in the December skip-a-pay until you have made your November payment.)
- One Skip-a-Pay is allowed per loan per year, with a maximum of 5 over the life of the loan
- Your savings or checking account must have enough funds to cover the processing fee of $25 per loan
- All accounts and loans must be in good standing
- Your loan may not be more than 30 days past due, have been delinquent more than 5 times over the life of the loan, and/or is currently being repaid through a debt management plan
- Your loan needs to be open at least 60 days with a payment made each month to be eligible for a Skip-a-Pay.
- Your address and telephone number must be current in our system
- Real Estate and line of credit products are not eligible for Skip-a-Pay
If you have a recurring payment scheduled via It’s Me 24/7 or another financial institution, you must modify the payment or it will still process.
By authorizing NorthStar Credit Union to defer your installment loan payment(s) for the month selected, you understand that a $25 administrative fee per loan applies. Waiving your designated payment(s) will not affect your credit history with NSCU or any credit reporting agency. Interest will continue to accrue during the deferred payment period and may affect your loan maturity date and final payment amount. All other terms and conditions of your loan will remain the same.
Important Skip-a-Pay Information for Members with GAP
(Guaranteed Asset Protection):
If you currently hold guaranteed asset protection (GAP) coverage on an auto loan and wish to take advantage of the skip-a-pay promotion, please refer to your GAP contract for skipped payment limitations. In some cases, your carrier may terminate your GAP policy if you exceed the maximum allowable skipped payments during the term of your loan.
Need Extra Holiday Dough?
Get what you need for the holidays -- or whatever you need, whenever you need it -- with a Lifestyle Line of Credit. When you apply for NSCU's Lifestyle Line of Credit, you'll receive a lower interest rate and with low monthly payments when compared to a typical credit card. You can easily apply for your loan online or in person. Apply today!
Feel free to contact a Financial Service Representative is 630-393-7201, option 3 or email email@example.com.